Wednesday, July 13, 2011

R.I.P. The Trash Hoop


The Trash Hoop has officially been dismantled and turned into what normal people consider a decent basketball hoop. We got our replacement parts in and I spent about 3-4 lunch breaks adding a newer model's pieces to our older discontinued model. It was not awesome.

Phase 1

Extras pieces are never a good sign. Except the parts kit came with stuff I already had.

Valuable Lesson #1: never leave your tools open and exposed to the sun for long periods of time. They will burn your hand. Learned that the hard way. Now i type with my nose and their working on replacing me.


The adjuster pump thingy was jammed and didnt move, so it sat at it's lowest setting.

Good thing our new buddy Dave "The Mullet" Mechanic dude had some solutions to contribute to the cause. Also helped me attach the backboard.

That would be the part that wasn't functioning.

And that's Dave with our new dog, Whiskers.

The Brendo mobile getting some fixins done.

If anyone has a mini trampoline they wanna sell me, hit me up. There's no way i'll ever be able to dunk on this. And that's just unacceptable.

And of course the day after we finally have this project finished, a free (complete) basketball hoop goes up on Craigslist. FML twice.

3 comments:

PRINCE OF BALLARD said...

why is catalytic converter guitar mullet dude not on this blog more??????

b.raq said...

he'll be making a lot more guest spots fa sho

MulletMechanic said...

I cum where Im needed!