Wednesday, May 8, 2013

B.Raqs Last Day :(









As some of you already know Brian aka B.Raq and his lady are moving to New York this week. Brian is truly “OG” Casual, he’s been with the company for 7+ years. Aside from being lead graphic designer he was the original voice of Casual through the blog, Myspace(remember that shit?), Facebook, and Instagram.  He will still be working with us, but it’s going to be strange not to have him in the office every day and we wanted to send him off with a few words from the “Casual Dysfunctional Family”:

"Raq, 
I know you know this, but you the mufuckin man homie.  It’s been and privilege to be your Daniel-son to my Mr. Miyagi (not cuz your asain, cuz its real).  I’ve learned a lot from you over the past months, and it has honestly been the highlight of my young career.  I hope I can one day benefit Casual as much as you have and vise-versa.  Congrats brotha and best of luck to both of yall’s out in NY.  I’ll be seein ya soon out there I’m sure. #BKstandup but it’s still Knicks>Nets!  Peace fam"

- Anand 

"I have had the pleasure of knowing Brian since 2005 and over the years we have been classmates, colleagues, and best friends. I am sad to see him go, but happy to see him pursue his dreams. I know he will be successful in all his future endeavors and am proud to say he has influenced me as a designer and as a human being. Thanks for all of the hilariously good times Brian, you may have moved away, but your presence will always be felt here at Casual."

- Your pal,
Zach

"B-RaQ - You take Sake bombs like a true champion... I will truly miss having epic sushi sessions with you and then watch you barf up the most expensive meals I've ever seen anyone barf up.  It is true... you are THE RAQ!  I'll miss you buddy but your legend will live on till the end of days.  #THERAQLEGENDGROWS #LEGENDTILLTHEENDOFDAYS"

Thanks Doot! 
CT

“It’s been great 5+ years working together.  You've been a phenomenal mentor and teacher not only in the office but also outside the workplace.  I owe both you and Alicia for always looking out for me and being great friends. I will miss you guys. Safe Travels and I will see you soon. Thanks for all the good times.”



- Papa Gino

B-Raq- 
"It’s been a fun 5+ years in the basement bunker with you. You are very funny dude and I will miss all your weird antics/muffled yelling from the other room. Let me leave you with another Irish proverb that makes no sense to anyone cause I’m just making it up:  When you fall may your back be on a blade of grass and your lips be on a spoon of mashed potatoes.
Best of luck to you in New York buddy!"

-Kristen "Krisjiiinn" Walsh

“the end of an era and the beginning of a new one. Thanks for seven years(tours in the basement) at Casual and for your monumental commitment. Thanks for sticking around when it wasn’t too attractive to work here. We couldn’t have gotten to where we are today without you man. Not very many people live up to their nicknames, we will miss you at HQ but are looking forward to still working with you in NY.”





- Dano Reid

No comments: