Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Never Forget Vol 1.


Game Genie (or game shark)
This was one of those tools that determined how you'd live your adult life. Downloading movies/music, saving answers to a test in a calculator, cliff notes, pirating photoshop. Nothing wrong with taking a shortcut once in awhile. Just don't get caught.
Surge
It was that "cool" soda if something like that ever existed. Basically it was Mtn Dew in a different can. Who can resist anything bright green in the late 90s? It was all about BMX and drinks that came in green cans, and those retard pants called JNCOs.
No Limit Records
I partially credit No Limit for inspiring me to figure out what kind of job would allow me to make art covered in gold, fire, jewels, and aggressive dog breeds.
Shaq-Fu
They don't really do crazy shit like this anymore. There's no way Dwayne Wade will ever get some weird video game deal where he's throwing flaming basketballs at vampires flying around a castle. No way.

Pogs
8-balls, ying yangs, skulls, holograms, space hippy acid trip. This was that thing after kids got sick of collecting trading cards. I haven't seen a trace of these since I was 8. Until AK cleaned out his parents house. Ying Yang Hologram Slammer. A relic of the past. I'm glad I never got to that point where I needed a neon green tube to store all my circular shaped trash cardboard.

No comments: